Monday, August 15, 2011

Goth Challenge: Day 5 and 6

Another double day, you ask? Why yes, another one. This serves to purposes. One: To distract me from the homework I was given for over the summer and must have finished before the first day of school. Two: To get me further along in the challenge because things get frantic for me once school goes back in session.
Plus (I suppose this is reason number three...) these two posts are ridiculously short. Thus when put together, they create a better sized post. Oh, wait, I have a reason four. I want to get to the eight day before I forget the post I absent-mindedly planned out while reading other blog's day eights.

Day 5: Is there a local goth band or group in your area?
In my town? Pfft. No. I live in the town of mainstream rich folk, in the apartments of 'I wish I was rich' folk. Okay, so that might not be totally true, but from what I witness, this is how it is. Now my area seems to have quite a bit of an alternative side. But I won't admit to being immediately knowledgeable about any band. But if you would like to see the bands that are supposedly around I would check out this website. 

Day 6: Hand write your favorite lyric and take a picture.
I was very uncertain on what song to do for this. My favorite son is The Passenger by Siouxsie and the Banshees; and I have a ton of songs from a ton of artists with lyrics that I think is ingenious, clever, amusing, beautiful and just plain passionate. But I finally settled on a simple song with simpler lyrics because it has personal significance. So, I present to you in my messy handwriting, I Want My Innocence Back, by Emilie Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment