Monday, January 6, 2014

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Review: Zombi

I know it's been forever, and I've missed everyone and their blogs so much! The next seven days, I am determined to blog though, so that I can review my latest purchase.
I have purchased 5 imp vials from the Black Phoenix Alchemy lab (and got two free imp vials!) which means for the next seven days, as I wear them, I will tell you what I think.

The first one I decided to wear is Zombi. They describe Zombi as:
"Dried roses, rose leaf, Spanish moss, oakmoss and deep brown earth."

I chose this scent to be adventurous, because that is the fun of sample sizes. Also, my cats name is Zombi, and I thought I was the only one that spelt it that way.
So,
In the Bottle: It smells like dirt. Wet, mossy dirt. It reminds me of the moss I mix into my snake's bedding. My grandfather smelt it out of the bottle and said it smelt like a barn. (I think he was being a little dramatic.) The smell in the bottle is why I decided to wear it today, when I have no school. Because I didn't know if I wanted to be in school smelling like dirt.
On Skin: Once I put it on my skin and it started to dry, the roses started to shine through and the dirt subsided. It ended up being a really pretty scent of mossy roses with just a tint of soil. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I definitely wouldn't mind smelling like this in public.

This was my first order from BPAL, and I have to say I am very impressed. They make their perfumes to order, so I assumed I wouldn't get them for weeks. But I placed my order on the 31st of December, and they showed up today (the sixth of January).
The imps ears are smaller than I imagined, but I'm curious to see how long they last, because you don't need to use very much perfume oil to be smelly. The nice part of the imp ears is that the caps have applicator wands. They cost 4$ each.
If you are interested in Zomi, the link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment