Saturday, January 11, 2014

BPAL Review: Maiden

Source
Today I wore Maiden. When I was choosing my scents for imp ears, this was the first one I knew I wanted to try. Of course, that is partially because of the order I was going in. The description for Maiden goes:
"A gentle vision of purity, goodness and virtue: white tea, carnation and Damask Rose."

In the Bottle: Maiden smells like carnation with just a hint of white tea. To a point it smells like shoving your nose into a carnation, but it's more white than it is green and a little sweeter. It smells very pretty and promising. 
On Skin: I can smell the carnation in the front and rose in the back. I don't smell the tea as much. It's definitely pretty and innocent. It's very light once it dries. 
Longevity: I put this scent on at 9:00am and by 3:00pm it was completely gone. I'm not surprised because it was so light. I could barely smell it by 1:00pm. 

Overall it is exactly how I think Maiden should smell. I wish the rose had more of a frontal note than the carnation. Also I wish I could smell the tea more on my skin. I'm a bit disappointed at how short it lasted. It disappeared really quickly to the point where you really had to sniff to get a whiff. I really liked it though when I could smell it. It has a really nice balance, but if you don't like the smell of carnation you might not like this. 

I have one more scent, but I will not be wearing it tomorrow. I have a riding lesson tomorrow and the stable isn't really a place to wear perfume. I'm excited about my last scent, but I'm sad that I'll have tried out all my new perfumes. But it feels good to be back in blogger mode. I'll have to be creative on other things to post. 

If you are interested in Maiden, the link is here

No comments:

Post a Comment