Friday, January 10, 2014

BPAL Review: Nyx

Source
Today's perfume was Nyx. I allowed a friend of mine to pick a scent out for me because I couldn't choose; she chose this one. Nyx's description is:
"Night-blooming jasmine, warmed by myrrh, lifted by the promise of rose."

 In the Bottle: Nyx smells like what I imagine a Victorian mansion would smell like. It's a cool jasmine with just a hint of myrrh. I am impressed by the jasmine scent, it actually smells like crisp jasmine. 
On Skin: Immediately on skin it got really sweet smelling and I was bummed, but after about an hour it had toned down. It was a warm myrrhjasmine smell, that jasmine was still crisp. I could barely detect the rose. I was hoping it'd be a cooler scent, but it is still really pretty.As it faded it became sweeter again.
Longevity: I put this on at 11:00am and by 7:30 pm the smell was gone. I had read some reviews that it disappeared off of their skin quickly, but this lasted a long time on me.

The thing that I really liked about this scent is that the jasmine scent reminded me of smelling a flower, not some perfume copy. Nothing is too over powering in it. It's really well balanced. I think my friend made a good choice on this one. 

Sometimes, BPAL descriptions are artistic and lovely, but not really something you can picture. Or they'll include ingredients that you have never heard of before. I really suggest looking at the "Review" section of their forum before making a purchase. The members of the forum describe how it smelled to them and their descriptions can help round out your expectations of what you're about to buy. 

If you are interested in Nyx, the link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment