Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goth Challenge Days 10-15

Not my picture, but I've had it for a while and don't remember where I've gotten it.

The fire and now school work is making me loose touch with my blog, so I'll be doing the goth challenge is large chunks so I get a chance to finish it. In other news, 11 followers! <3

Day 10: What do you hate and love about the subculture?
I love all the obvious, the music, the clothing, the art, ectect. I also love the sense of community that builds whether it be over the internet or in clubs or when you pass another goth on the street and they just get it. Well, I'm not sure about that last one since I know of no other goths around here, but I've heard lovely tales of such things.
I hate the things that come with being gothified; the insults, the attention, the people that glare at you awkwardly or the people who run up wanting to touch you and your clothes. However I also know that these things come when you dress to your dark little hearts content. But hate is a strong word. I'd much prefer "Dislike in a deep, dark and undying sort of way."

Day 11: Is goth a lifestyle for you?
Yes and no. I've heard a lot of people say that although they haven't always considered themselves goth they've had the traits ever since they were really little but then later they found the subculture and the world exploded in rainbows and unicorns, hurrah, hurrah. Since I fall into this group I feel it is a lifestyle. However right next to my goth world I've got my horsey world and I personally have trouble mixing the two. So it depends on the day.

Day 12: What's your gothic inspiration?
I get inspiration from books, movies, pictures, ideas and day to day things. But I'll tell you one story:
I was going through one of those depressed teenager phases a few years ago and I started getting called "that depressed goth girl" which turned into "why would anyone want to be goth if they have to be all depressed all the time?" I didn't understand why it was okay for a mainstream teenager to have a down time but not me and I was getting frustrated and tired of filling the old stereotype. However I had my reasons for being down and it took me a while to be ready to let them go. Then I started watching NCIS and I saw how happy Abby was and decided I wanted to be happy and cheerful too.
There you are, small inspiration moment.

Day 13: What was your first band t-shirt?
My very first band shirt was for Bullet for my Valentine which I listened to during my baby bat and just out of my baby bat days. When I quit listening to them I got rid of the shirts (yes, plural, I had three). I didn't get another band t-shirt until recently when I got a Dresden Dolls T-shirt and sweatshirt from my mother.

Day 14: Whats was your best and worst DIY disaster?
I'll keep this short. The only thing I can successfully DIY is jewelry. Anything else is a disaster.

Day 15: What is your favorite or most expensive item in your wardrobe?
It's probably a toss up between my petticoat from Fan+Friend Garden or my underbust corset from Iris Noir.

Now I have a question for any other equestrian goths out there. Do the worlds mix for you? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment